Great Workshop Today on Solar Powering Your Community; Big “Thanks” to Speakers and Participants September 28, 2012Posted by Laura Arnold in Uncategorized.
Tags: •David Morley- American Planning Association, •Jayson Uppal- Meister Consultants Group, •John Hazlett- Director of Sustainability -City of Indianapolis, •Philip Haddix- The Solar Foundation, Solar America Communities, US Department of Energy (DOE) SunShot
There was a great workshop today in Indianapolis entitled “Solar Powering Your Community: Addressing Soft Costs and Barriers”. This program powered by SunShot which is a program of the U.S. Department of Energy featured presentations from the following speakers:
- Jayson Uppal, Meister Consultants Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 209) 1990;
- Philip Haddix, The Solar Foundation, email@example.com, (202) 469-3750;
- David Morley, American Planning Association, firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 786-6392;
- John Hazlett, Director of Sustainability, City of Indianapolis, email@example.com, (317) 327-7868; and
- Laura Ann Arnold, President, Indiana Distributed Energy Alliance, laura.arnold@IndianaDG.net, (317) 635-1701.
So our speakers would not have to lug the 160+ book entitled, “Solar Powering Your Community: A Guide for Local Governments”, Second Edition, January 2011, created in Partnership with: Solar America Communities, I agreed to take the extra copies and to try to find a good home for them. I also have copies of the excellent PowerPoint presentation that is chockfull of good information.
Personally, I think we should take the resources we received today and attempt to present this program again Indiana. I think the topics presented is worthy of a longer presentation coupled with breakout sessions to allow participants to develop an action agenda to take home to their own local communities.
Is anyone else interested? If so, please let me know by sending me an email to: Laura.Arnold@IndianaDG.net or just call me at (317) 635-1701.